waroriole

WS, who you rooting for  

105 members have voted

1. 1. WS, who you rooting for

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we put them in order of who we do NOT want to win?

1. Red Sox

2. Blue Jay

3. Nationals

4. Giants

5. Rangers

6. Dodgers

7. Indians

8. Cubs

1/2. Sox/Jays Pick one.

3. Cubs

4. Gnats

5. Dodgers

6. Cleveland

7. Texas

8. Giants

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Worth noting he’s gotten off to a much better start this year than last year. He really turned it on in the second half. 
    • Like how are you guessing in that moment? You have to react with 2 strikes, not guess, especially in that specific scenario. Mind-boggling. 
    • In what way does "right now" imply that he will continue to be this good? It implies the opposite - that he's not usually this good so let's play him while he's doing well. 
    • It’s been interesting watching Burnes attack plans. Aside from the opener where he was spinning the curve for strikes and firing the cutter up in the zone, Burnes attack has been less aggressive and trying to induce chase from batters.  Curve mostly out of the zone, cutter at knees and off the plate to RHs.  Palmer mentioned on the broadcast Burnes preference to stay outside to hitters, but I took that to mean Palmer would like to see him occasionally work inside with fastball on hitters hands.     It feels like Burnes has not fully clicked yet this year and I hope there is another gear to dominance, but agree with other posters that this version of Burnes churning out quality start after quality start is pretty darn good. 
    • My post was in response to one stating that people were saying the O’s finally had a Game 1 starter in October. My point was that none of those guys are Game 1 playoff starters who Burnes would need to out pitch (obviously SSS). And I would feel better about a healthy Bradish “shutting down” a team at this point than I do Burnes just because his success this year has been more predicated on weak contact than K’s, which I think has been a tad disappointing.  He’s still an ace though and I’m really happy he’s an Oriole. Last year his K% spiked almost 6% in the 2nd half so hopefully that happens again. A near 30% K rate with the weak contact he allows would be scary. But you’re right, the BP and offense have done him absolutely no favors this year and any complaints about him are more so nitpicking on how he could be even better. He’s still awesome. 
    • Nice summary.   Levi Wells last two starts combined. 7 IP, 4 hits, 3 walks, 1 run, 13 strikeouts.  Getting better.  Frankly, he looks better than Baumeister to me but Baumeister is bigger and younger so who knows.
  • Popular Contributors